Online Drivers Ed
If you have comments or concerns about this course, call our toll-free number:
National Driver Training- Vendor for Online Drivers Ed
For technical support only, call National Driver Training Institute help desk at
Mon – Friday 9am to 5pm Sat / Sunday by appointment only
Joyners Driving Improvement School LLC
700 Baker Rd Ste 113
Virginia Beach, Va 23462
Online Drivers Ed Program Requirements
The program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the drivers education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
On day of testing you must bring the following to the testing site:
- Photo Identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification.
- Proof of completion of the online driver education course
- A completed “parental consent for online driver education examination” (DTS-62), if you are under the age 18.
- Proof of completion of the additional 90 minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8(counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas park)
- The online training school – Joyners Driving School will provide a computer for testing.